Formerly "A Blog For Dogs"

Formerly "A Blog For Dogs"

Monday, April 20, 2015

My saving grace: The steamer

One of my biggest pet peeves in the entire world is wrinkly clothing. I would almost rather wear a mismatched outfit than a wrinkly outfit. So it's a good thing I have my steamer. My steamer, for those of you who are not familiar, heats up water until it turns to steam and lets the steam out to take the wrinkles out of the clothes.

The best thing about my steamer is that it's kind of more like a steamer and an iron in one machine. What sets mine apart from others is that along with it letting out steam, it has a small metal triangle-shaped section that acts as an iron. The steamer came with a pad you put over the door and hang the garment on so after you heat the water you press the steamer against the wrinkled areas of your clothing and it lets up the wrinkles almost instantly while the iron part applies pressure and heat and any smaller creases are let out by the steam. I can honestly get a whole garment steamed in a matter of about 2-3 minutes.

This method isn't really for everybody because honestly I don't even know how much my steamer cost it could have been pretty pricey- mine was a Christmas present from my mother who is incredibly amused by my obsession with clothes without wrinkles. Also, it takes up a lot of storage space in your house because you need a place for the door mat and a place for the steamer itself which is a little taller and bulkier than a traditional iron-but hey at least there's no ironing board. It is important to note that STEAM BURNS ARE REAL AND PAINFUL and just as you would with a traditional iron, be careful not to burn yourself. Lastly, it's kind of an energy sucker... this basically means I wouldn't advise plugging this and the flat iron in at the same time as it could make the lights go out in your house which we all know is just a pain in the butt to take care of and not to mention a real time-sucker out of the time you have for your morning routine.

Maybe the reason I run into wrinkly clothes so much is I have the tendency to let my pile of clean laundry sit for a while before being folded, hung up, or otherwise put away. I know I can't be the only one that does this. So if you're like me, maybe consider that this could be why you leave the house wondering why it feels like you forgot something. You did, you forgot to steam your shirt.

Some people say "who cares about if your clothes have wrinkles? It's not that big of a deal." I care, okay? And your future boss will probably care too. Or your future husband or wife. So yeah if you're going to a job interview or on a date rather than just out to get groceries it's extra important that you think of me and STEAM/IRON YOUR DAMN CLOTHES IT'S NOT THAT HARD.

No comments:

Post a Comment