Formerly "A Blog For Dogs"

Formerly "A Blog For Dogs"

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Update: L'Oreal Lab Testing (Buycott)

For those of you who were/are as passionate and enraged as me about the fact that L'Oreal uses animal testing in the production of their products, I give you... Buycott. Buycott is an app to help you boycott certain products from companies whose production processes you don't agree with. For example, I choose not to buy from L'Oreal because they test their products on animals.

It is kind of shocking and somewhat horrifying to just simply go through your home and scan all of your products you use every day that you have come to know and love are acting against the very ideals you stand for. I scanned the lotion and even the vitamin supplements I take to sleep at night and they were both made by companies who tested on animals themselves or the company of that product is owned by another company or group of companies that tests on animals. This is important because really your money is all going to the same place in the end. Even if I don't directly buy from L'Oreal, if I buy from The Body Shop, that money, or a portion of that money, still goes to L'Oreal who owns The Body Shop.

I think that even though at first it may be hard to find substitutes for the products you're so used to using on a daily basis, but it's important that you do it. For the longest time, my lotion, my eyeliner, and my mascara were all products that according to Buycott, I should be avoiding. I've found substitutes, and you can too. The substitute I found for my eyeliner may not be as luxurious and high-performing as what I was used to, but it's less money being put into the hands of cruel and careless corporations. In all honestly, the new eyeliner, ScandalEyes by Rimmel London isn't even that much worse, it's just a little more faded by the end of the day, which is something I can deal with (especially since it's almost $4 cheaper).

No comments:

Post a Comment